Paul’s Sweet Summer Salad
For a light bright dish, Paul’s Summer Salad is perfect. Packed full of flavour, bursting with colour this salad recipe is both quick and delicious. Not to mention it’s super healthy as it’s packed full of fibre and nutrients. Remember, the more colour on your plate the more nutrients you have. Why not serve this salad with Pauls Sweet Potato and Cherry Tomato Frittata here, or CJ’s Tandoori Baked Cod here.
- 2 butternut squash, cut into cubes
- 1kg red peppers, roughly chopped
- 2 punnets of blueberries
- 500g baby spinach, washed
- 1kg broccoli, uncooked & stems removed
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- Lemon zest
- Sea salt/black pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C.
- Separately, coat the butternut squash and red peppers in rapeseed or olive oil. Season with each salt & pepper.
- Roast butternut squash in the oven for 20-30 minutes or until soft.
- Roast the red peppers in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until soft.
- Once the butternut squash is roasted toss in lemon zest.
- Make a vinaigrette dressing by mixing the olive oil, dijon, white wine vinegar, garlic, and seasoning. Mix vigorously using a fork or whisk to combine ingredients.
- Toss all ingredients in vinaigrette and place on a plate and top with pomegranate seeds.