Next Level Caprese Salad Recipe!
This little beauty of a Caprese Salad Recipe was developed by Chef Manager Nick Mentiplay. The recipe is super simple and it is guaranteed to wow the crowd. Garden tomatoes are coming into season soon, so it’s a perfect, sustainable salad recipe. Tower it up high and enjoy in the shade with friends at a barbecue or on its own. This particular Caprese Salad Recipe is a great fun way to get children excited about eating tomatoes too.
The Caprese Salad Recipe is high in Vitamins A & K, Calcium and Fibre.
Remember, we are sharing a new recipe every Thursday/Friday for the entire summer as part of our QWellness programme! Please share this post to get the word out that our amazing chefs are parting with their recipes for your enjoyment.
- 2kg ripe plum tomatoes
- 5 balls of buffalo mozzarella
- 1 bunch of spring onion, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic, mashed
- 1 bunch parsley, chopped
- 1 bunch basil, chopped
- 1 red onion, diced
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Take 1kg of the tomatoes and cut into wedges. Place in a bowl.
- Add the red onion, garlic, spring onion, parsley & basil. Season with salt/pepper.
- Allow to sit for 20 minutes for the flavours to infuse.
- Meanwhile, take the remaining tomatoes and slice into disks about 50mm thick. Do the same with the mozzarella. Lay around the circumference of the plate, building into the middle.
- Drizzle with olive oil and cracked black pepper.
- Lay the marinated salad in the centre and enjoy!
See some of our previous recipes!