Party Mexican Chicken Fajita Recipe
Everyone loves a good Mexican chicken fajita! Deliciously seasoned chicken, kick ass avocado sauce, whopper salsa and a colourful salad. This Mexican Chicken Fajita Recipe was created by Chef Manager Elaine O’Brien. We had it for lunch last week and decided to share it you to you! It is based on a large group or party. Try it today for a fun, healthy and delicious meal!
As always, we are sharing a healthy new recipe every Friday throughout summer as part of our QWellness Programme. Please share this recipe to help us reach more food lovers! We only have three weeks left of our healthy recipe releases! Find some of our previous recipes below.
Chicken Fajita Recipe Ingredients
- 1 chicken fillet per person eating (sliced)
- 1 red pepper per person eating (sliced)
- 1/2 onion per person eating (sliced)
- Seasoning (for 12 portions or 12 chicken fillets)
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 3-4 tablespoons of olive oil
- Juice of 2 limes’ 1 handful of coriander (roughly chopped), cracked black pepper
- 10 avocados, stone removed and scooped out of skin.
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3-4 jalapeños and a little of the juice from the jar
- 4-5 tins of Italian chopped tomatoes.
- 1x red & yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 bunch of spring onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 2 chillis, chopped (add more if you want it spicy)
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 fresh pineapple, topped, tailed, skin and core removed; and chopped into small pieces
- Good handful of coriander, chopped
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
Salad: 3-4 bags of mixed salad leaves, 8 tomatoes (quartered), 1 red onion sliced, 1 tin of sweetcorn (drained), 1 bag of nacho chips.
Few tubs of sour cream or creme fraiche.
Chicken Fajita Recipe Method
- Remember the amount spice marinade needed depends on the amount of chicken/guests attending. We have created the recipe based on 12 portions. You may need to divide or multiple the spice marinade.
- For 12 people, marinate the chicken by placing the chicken slices, tomato and red onion slices in a big bowl. Add the olive oil, cumin, 2 tsp only of smoked paprika, chilli powder, garlic powder, juice of 2 limes, bunch of chopped coriander and ground black pepper.
- Cover and allow to marinate for around 15-20 minutes.
Avocado Sauce: Add all the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Remember you can add more jalapeños to make it hotter if you wish. Season with salt/black pepper to taste. Place in a large serving bowl.
Salsa: In a large bowl mix all the salsa ingredients and 1 tsp of smoked paprika. Season with salt/black pepper to taste. Place in a large serving bowl.
- Place the nacho chips in a plastic sandwich bag leaving an air hole. Gently crush using a rolling pin.
- Mix all the salad ingredients in a large serving bowl.
Others: Place sour cream or creme fraiche in a serving dish. Warm your tortillas in the microwave for around 20 seconds. Cover to keep warm.
Chicken: Saute the chicken, peppers, onions in batches in a pan. Ensure the chicken is fully cooked before placing in a warm serving dish. Eat straight away.
Serve: Serve all of the above with your warm tortillas and enjoy! You could have a mojito or two with it also!
Learn What Is In Season In January! Helping You Help The Environment With the ever pressing need to think about the environment, we are here to help you think like a sustainability pro! [...]