Spectacular Summer Smoothie Recipes
Met Eireann tells us we’re in for a heat wave. So lets get the summer smoothies going! Stay hydrated with our spectacular summer smoothie recipes! These recipes are delicious, nourishing, high in fibre and vitamins/minerals. Not to mention super quick and easy to make.
Remember we are sharing a new QWellness (healthier) recipe every week on our blog for the whole summer. Why not check our lasts week’s Tomato, Feta & Pomegranate Salad while you’re here?
Super Green Smoothie Recipe
A fresh, zingy and delicious smoothie
- 1 banana
- 1 handful of spinach
- 1/2 handful of fresh mint leaves
- 1 lime, squeezed
- 1 handful of kale (optional)
- 1-2 cups of apple juice
- Water for consistency
- Sometimes we put a scoop of protein powder in at a customer’s request – see picture.
Blitz until smooth in blender! Add water if you need to.
Pineapple, Coconut and Banana Smoothie Recipe
A sharp and satisfying smoothie
- 1 pineapple, with skin removed and hard inner core removed, cut into chunks. Or 2 mangos!
- 1 banana
- 1 tbsp coconut milk
- 1 tsp ginger, grated, optional for a little kick
- 1 cup of water, for consistency
Blitz everything in a blender. Add more water if it’s a bit too thick. Serve with some ice and top with some desiccated coconut if you wish.
Beetroot, Apple & Ginger Smoothie Recipe
When using fresh beetroot, a subtly earthy and refreshing smoothie
- 1 fresh beetroot, pealed & chopped into chunks
- 1 apple, pealed, cored and chopped into chunks
- 1 pear, pealed, cored & copped into chunks
- 1 -2 cups of fresh pressed apple juice
- 1 tsp ginger, grated
Blitz everything in a blender. Add more apple juice or some water if needed.
Fruit Ice Cubes
Keep it cool by making our fruit ice cubes.
Get your ice tray. Throw some chopped fruit into each holder. Pour over some water and freeze.
Place your fruit cubes in a big jug of water this weekend with some mint and enjoy staying hydrated without using an unhealthy high sugar cordial!
Cubes: Mixed berries/pineapple & mango/melon variations/peaches -> the worlds your oyster
We do not advocate using smoothies or ‘juicing’ as a means to replace meals. Nor do we advocate extreme or fad diets. Smoothies and juices are lovely as part of a balanced diet.
See some of our recent posts
Breda Quigley Wins IMAGE Magazine CEO Of The Year From Humble Beginnings To Contract Catering Leader A very belated post on the incredible win at the IMAGE Magazine Businesswoman Of [...]