- 4 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 2 tsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tsp clear honey
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Handful of coriander
- Thumb-sized piece of ginger, pealed and roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, skin removed
- 1 chilli de-seeded chilli
- zest and juice 1 lime
- 165ml can coconut milk
- 500g pack skinless chicken breast fillets
- Basmati rice
- Coriander and lime wedges, to serve
Make the Chicken Marinade
- Place all the marinade ingredients into a blender and blitz until smooth.
- Cut the chicken into thin slices and place in a large bowl.
- Add 1/3 (one third) of the marinade to the chicken and mix well.
- Cover and allow to marinate in the fridge for either 20 minutes or up to 3 hours.
Make the Sauce & Cook the Chicken and Serve
- Cook the basmati rice in a pan.
- Thread the chicken strips onto skewers.
- Heat some oil in a pan. Add the remaining 2/3 of the satay marinade to a non-stick pan over a low/medium heat. Add the coconut milk and heat the sauce gently, stirring regularly. Allow it to reduce slightly to intensify the flavour.
- Sear the chicken skewers on an oiled griddle pan, ensuring they are cooked right through. Alternatively, cook under the grill, making sure to oil the tray. The flesh should be white all the way through.
- Garnish with lime quarters and coriander leaves.
- Serve with our Pineapple, Mint and Cucumber Salad and cooked basmati rice!