Healthy Honey Ginger Salmon with Quinoa Tabbouleh
Looking for a light and healthy dish? This dish is a winner for lunch in the sun or a light dinner after a socially distanced walk.
Salmon is super healthy full of nutrients such as good fats (omega 3’s), Vitamin A and Vitamin D. Whilst the quinoa tabbouleh is packed full of nutrients and dietary fibre.
The dish is simple and quick to make. Therefore leaving you loads of time to enjoy this beautiful weather in the garden/on the balcony or with you housemates or family.
Give it a try today and let us know what you think.
- 1 tsp Honey
- Half Inch Ginger, grated.
- 2 Fresh Salmon Fillets
- 100g Dried Quinoa
- 75g Parsley
- 300g Diced Tomatoes
- 100g Diced Cucumber
Salad Dressing (optional):
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tsp Rice Syrup or Agave – Or you could just use some honey
- Pinch of Himalayan Pink Salt
- ½ Garlic Clove, crushed
- Handful of rocket
- Preheat the oven to 170C.
- Place the salmon fillets in a bowl. Marinate in the honey and grated ginger.
- Place the quinoa in a pan and cook until tender (should be around 15-20 mins). Once done, set aside to cool.
- Make the salad dressing by adding the olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, vanilla extract, rice syrup (or honey!), pinch of salt and garlic into a jug and whisk until smooth. Mix this into the quinoa and mix together with all the other ingredients. Serve on a bed of rocket leaves.
- In a hot pan sear the salmon on both sides and put it in the oven for 7 minutes.
- Place the salmon on top of the salad and serve.