Morning Smoothie Recipes
How on earth do we keep the kids mind active, whilst social distancing when the weather is this good? Furthermore, how on earth do we cultivate some form of normality when working from home with all its distractions?
We feel sending 15 minutes each morning to create some delicious smoothies can really help. Creating an easy routine will really help keep you in the moment. Whilst it can also help to alleviate anxiety as we all work together to stay at home and reduce the growth of COVID-19.
So that being said, why not try a few of our favourite recipes below?
Let’s Get To It!
Zingy Super Green Smoothie
- 1 banana
- 1 handful of spinach
- 1/2 handful of fresh mint leaves
- 1 lime, squeezed
- 1 handful of kale (optional)
- 1-2 cups of apple juice
- A splash of water for consistency
Blitz until smooth in blender! Add water if you need to.
Sweet Tropical Smoothie
- 1 pineapple or 1 mango.
- If using pineapple: skin removed and hard inner core removed, cut into chunks.
- If using manage, peal and chop into chunks.
- 1 banana
- 1-2 oranges, squeezed (or a cup of orange juice)
- 1 tbsp coconut milk (optional)
- 1 tsp ginger, grated, optional for a little kick
- 1 cup of water, for consistency
Blitz everything in a blender. Add more water or juice if it’s too thick. Serve with some ice and top with some desiccated coconut if you wish.
Refreshing Beetroot, Apple & Ginger Smoothie
- 1 fresh beetroot, pealed & chopped into chunks
- 1 apple, pealed, cored and chopped into chunks
- 1 pear, pealed, cored & copped into chunks
- 1 -2 cups of fresh pressed apple juice
- 1 tsp ginger, grated
Blitz everything in a blender. Add more apple juice or some water if needed.
The Mothership – Chocolate Smoothie!
- 1 banana
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 cup of milk – This can be any kind. Cows milk, or any vegan alternative.
- 1 tsp of any nut butter – We like unsalted peanut
- *Optional – 1 tsp of linseed (flaxseed), or chia seeds
Blitz everything in a blender and serve over ice. You may need to add more milk for better consistency.
Nice to serve with some fresh strawberries on the side.
Optional treat: Top with chocolate sprinkles. Yum!