Paul’s Store Cupboard Chorizo & White Bean Soup Recipe
This gorgeous little recipe quick, simple and utterly delicious. Paul often cooks this hearty soup for our customers to much acclaim. Indeed, it is excellent if you’re looking for a nourishing pick me up, using readily available ingredients in the store. So, it is an altogether family favourite!
Try it today and let us know what you think!
- 500g cherry tomatoes
- 40g cooking chorizo, chopped
- 1 red pepper, cubed
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 4 stalks celery, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 1/2 packet of basil leaves
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- 800ml vegetable stock
- 1 tin of mixed beans, drained
- 250g fresh spinach (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Pierce the tomatoes and place on baking tray with the garlic, red pepper and some basil leaves. Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt & pepper. Roast in the oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until the skins of the tomatoes are soft.
- In the meantime, add some oil to a pan and sauté the shallots for a couple of minutes.
- Add the chorizo to the pan and stir on a medium heat until the natural oils start to show.
- To the pan, add the celery and chopped chilli, stir and sweat off for a few minutes over a medium heat with the lid on the pan.
- Next, add the roasted ingredients from the baking tray to the pan.
- Stir in the chopped parsley.
- Rinse the beans in a colander with water and add to the pan.
- Finally add the stock, bring to the boil, then simmer gently for 5 to 10 minutes to allow the ingredients and flavours to infuse.
- Serve with spinach (optional) and basil leaves and a toasted ciabatta (or any bread) drizzled with olive oil.