Orla’s Knockout Creme Egg Chocolate Brownies
Did you say cream egg chocolate brownies?! Wow!! These brownies are super special and absolutely delicious. Star Baker Orla Quinlan has again knocked it out of the park with these indulgent brownies. No they, are not healthy, but they sure will hit the spot with a cup of tea! Or even a scoop of Anita Oman’s No-Churn Peanut Butter Ice Cream (SEE RECIPE HERE!).
All we can say is enjoy, and stay safe this Easter!
- 115 grams butter, chopped
- 200 grams good quality dark chocolate, pieces
- 100 grams caster sugar
- 90 grams brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 85 grams cream flour
- 100 grams mini Cadbury Creme Eggs, chopped
- 5 large Cadbury Creme Eggs, cut in half
- Preheat oven to 180°C standard / 160°C fan.
- Grease and line a square 8-inch cake tin with baking or parchment paper
- Put the butter and chocolate in a heatproof bowl and place over a medium saucepan that is filled with some water. You need to ensure the bottom of the bowl will not touch the water below. Place on the stove on medium heat and stir while the chocolate and butter melt. Once the mixture is lovely and smooth, remove the bowl from the heat and leave to cool slightly.
- Next, add the sugar and vanilla to the chocolate mixture and beat with an electric beater until combined. Add the eggs, one at a time and beat again. Then sift in the flour and beat until the brownie mixture is smooth. Add your chopped mini Creme Eggs. Pour the brownie mixture into your prepared tin and smooth the top.
- Bake the brownie for about 25 minutes, then gently put the large Creme eggs on top (halved) and press them slightly into the brownie. Put the brownie back into the oven for an additional 20 minutes or until the brownie no longer wobbles in the middle. Leave to cool completely.
The brownie can be hard to cut with the chocolate eggs on top, so it is best to leave it to cool completely before serving.